Community Rental Program
Mills Performing Arts supports our local and regional performing arts community and promotes cultural equity by making our performing arts venues available for rental. This program enlivens the Mills College campus by attracting a broad range of groundbreaking local performers and deepens our longstanding connection to the San Francisco Bay Area arts scene. Our three unique venues are located on the tree-lined Mills campus in Oakland, California. These venues are suitable for a wide variety of event types ranging from performances, graduations, and presentations to panels, workshops, and screenings.
Mills Performing Arts Venue Rental Process
- After reviewing our venue information, insurance requirements, and facility use policies, please fill out our easy online rental request form.
- Upon receipt, a representative from Mills Performing Arts will contact you about calendar availability and any questions regarding event details and technical feasibility.
- If the dates are available, an estimated rental quote will be presented for the requestor’s approval. A rental agreement will be produced once the requestor approves this quote.
- If the dates are already held, a “second hold” can be created. This second hold ensures that if the primary hold is released, the dates will shift to the second requestor, then to the third, and so forth.
Venue rentals are not considered completely booked until Mills Performing Arts has confirmed receipt of all of the following items:
- A signed and completed rental agreement
- Your security deposit and primary payments
- Your certificate of insurance, meeting at least the minimum stated requirements
Mills Performing Arts
5000 MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94613